The BCBA takes great pride in taking appropriate steps to ensure the health and wellness of our members and staff. We are constantly updating our efforts to continue to serve our members in a safe manner. Along those lines, we have made the following changes to our normal operations which will remain in place until April 1:
The BCBA building will be closed to outside visitors until at least April 1. During this building closure, we will not be able to accommodate depositions, client meetings, and other room rentals.
BCBA staff and operations will continue via remote means. Division, section, and committee meetings may be scheduled to be conducted via GoToMeeting. Greg will coordinate with chairpersons for meeting sign-in information.
Scheduled CLEs may also still occur via GoToMeeting. The BCBA staff will contact the presenters for future CLEs to determine the viability of this option.
The BCBA online CLE catalog is always available at https://bcba.vocalmeet.com/home/. Attorneys may obtain 6 of their annual 12 credits via remote delivery.
The Lawyer Referral and Information Service will continue to operate during this period. Signage will be posted on our door to direct any walk-in clients to call our Lawyer Referral phone number.
Traffic school registrations will be postponed to a later date.
We will continue to monitor the situation and send updates to the membership as meetings and CLEs are scheduled or postponed. The staff will also continue to update the website with further calendar changes.
- The following meetings are already scheduled to occur via GoToMeeting:
- IP Section CLE on March 18th at 8:30am. (This CLE will occur via Zoom)
- Board of Directors meeting on March 18th at 4:30pm.
- Pro Bono Committee meeting on March 19th at 4pm.
- WLD meeting on March 24th at 4pm.
- The Family Law Section CLE Ethics, Professionalism and Civility in Family Law Practice scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020, has been postponed until later this year.
- The Criminal Law Section Updates on Sentencing CLE scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2020, has also been postponed until later this year.
- The Solo and Small Practitioner Section for March 25th is postponed to a future date.
- From the Bucks County Department of Corrections: Anyone entering the facilities will receive a no touch temp scan. Anyone with a fever will be denied entry.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Dan or Greg.
Daniel M. Keane, Esq
BCBA Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 215-348-9413
Bucks County Bar Association
135 East State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901